Vigil Chief is an appointed position
Duties & Responsibilities:
- General duties of all Officers
- Be familiar with the “Vigil Honor Selection Process” section of the Wiatava Lodge Planbook.
- At the beginning of the Chapter year compile a list of Brotherhood Honor members and then issue “Brotherhood Information” forms to all Brothers on that list.
- Follow-up on collecting all of the completed information forms. Within 2 months make follow-up calls to all Brotherhood Honor members and retrieve all completed forms back for Chapter records updating.
- With help of Vigil Adviser, develop a list of Chapter Vigil Candidates for the current year.
- Complete all Vigil Candidate applications and make oral presentation to the Lodge Vigil Committee of all selected Vigil Candidates.
- Attend annual Wiatava Lodge Pow Wow and participate in the Vigil Call Out at the Pow Wow campfire program.
- Represent chapter at all Lodge Vigil Committee Meetings
Time Commitment (all are required)
- Coordination of selection of candidates and preparation of nomination forms – 1 to 3 hours per candidate nominated
- Lodge vigil committee meetings – 3 to 4 meetings of 2 – 3 hours in length in the winter and spring
Personal skills and talents
- Ability to keep a secret
- Detail oriented
- Does not have to be vigil, but cannot be nominated in the year in which you serve
- Access to a computer / E-mail