Vice Chief of Service is an appointed position
Duties & Responsibilities:
- General duties of all Officers
- Serve as a clearinghouse for all service requests (such as Camp-o-Ree, summer day camp, Webelos woods/Camporall, etc.), and organize the chapter’s participation
- Ensures that all Chapter service projects are in accordance with all Wiatava Lodge and Order of the Arrow guidelines.
- Completes all Lodge Service Report forms and submits them on time each month to the Chapter Chief to turn in at the monthly Executive Board meetings.
- Keeps copies of all Lodge Service Report forms.
- Regularly solicits all Chapter members for service hours, which they have completed
- Publicize opportunities for service via announcements at meetings, flyers, e-mail, and phone calls
- Recruit members to staff the above opportunities for service
- Attends Lodge Service Meeting
- Promotes Lodge Service projects
- Contacts the Chairmen of all District activities (Camporall, Camporee, Cub Day Camp, etc.) for names of Santee Chapter Order of the Arrow members who worked on Staff.
- Completes a Lodge Service Report form for these events.
- Creates the centerpieces for the lodge dinner
Time Commitment (all are required)
- Clearinghouse and publicity – 1 to 2 hours each week
- Collection, summarization, and forwarding the service hour performed – 4 hour each month
Personal skills and talents
- Salesmanship – getting people excited about service
- Detail oriented
- Access to computer / e-mail (since many of the reports may come in electronic form)