Secretary is an elected position
Duties & Responsibilities:
- General duties of all Officers
- Maintain an accurate membership roster (including Address, phone and e-mail)
- Takes and tracks attendance at all meetings (sign in rosters)
- E-mail reminders to all members of meetings, as well as chapter and lodge events
- E-mail information about ordeal to all candidates
- Assemble and distribute packets to all new ordeal and brotherhood candidates at Camporee
- Collect information from all new members after ordeal
- Update council records for new members, dropped members, and changes in honor
- Link new members with the vice chiefs based on their interests listed on the lodge record forms.
- Take minutes of all board meetings and e-mail minutes (including any action items) to all board members and advisers no later than one week after the meeting.
- Works with Chapter Chief to make agendas for Chapter Board Meetings
- Communication is a Key to a successful Chapter, which makes the Chapter Secretary one of the most responsible Officers for the Chapter’s success.
- Works closely with the Newsletter Editor and Webmaster
Time Commitment (all are required)
- Roster maintenance – 1 to 2 hours each month
- Meeting planning & preparation – 2 hour each month
- Event organization & preparation – 3 to 4 hours per event (banquet, dinner, ordeal, pow-wow, etc.)
Personal skills and talents
- Detail oriented
- Good with spreadsheets or databases
- Access to computer / e-mail accounts