We are only a few days away from Pow Wow!
If you haven’t already sent in your info, please do ASAP!
Here are a few reminders:
· You need to have a current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (Parts A and B) completed within the last 12 months. Check with your Chapter Adviser if they have a current one on file. If not, please complete the form and give it to your Chapter Adviser http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
· Bring your signed activity consent waivers. Scouts under 18 years old can only shoot if the shooting sports section is signed by your parents.
· An electronic version of the participant’s book is attached for your review. There are a lot of activities happening so be familiar with the schedule so you don’t miss something.
· Don’t forget your swim suit if you will be participating in the swimming event on Saturday morning.
· The current weather forecast is sunny with a high of 82 and a low of 62. As always when going to Lost Valley, bring a water container and rain gear (in case the forecast is wrong.)
· The Lost Valley cabins are reserved for Pow Wow staff and the Lodge Board. Participants will be sleeping in their assigned campsites.
· Vehicles must be parked in the Grace Camp parking lot or the Schoepe Scout Reservation at the Main Parking Lot near the entrance to camp
Looking forward to seeing you on Friday!
On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Paul Killian <paulkillian> wrote:
If you haven’t already, submit your info now! Sign up for Pow-Wow!
On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 9:51 PM, Paul Killian <paulkillian> wrote:
Who: You! Sign up NOW!
When: August 28-30
Where: Lost Valley
What: Compete with your brothers in Santee in sporting events, shooting sports, art competitions, and ceremonies competitions against other Chapters in Wiatava Lodge
Cost: $45, payable to OCBSA (includes meals!)
To Register, reply all to this email ASAP with the following info
Honor (Ordeal, Brotherhood, Vigil):
Need a ride (if yes, what is the earliest you can leave)?
Can offer a ride (if yes, when are you planning on leaving)?
Names of people in vehicle and expected arrival time?
Youth: Activities you’d like to participate in?
Tent and Camping Gear
Signed Medical Form Parts A and B
Signed Permission / Activity Consent Form (Attached)
$45 Check to OCBSA if you haven’t already paid
Desired Arrival Time: Friday ~5 PM
Expected Departure Time: Sunday 10 AM
Saturday Breakfast – Sunday Breakfast is provided
Camping in Hidden Creek Camp Ground
Reply all and we’ll get you an answer
Adviser to the Secretary